Pink October Operation makes its big comeback with ALKÉ!
La JUP for Pink October 2019
We’re motivating troops for the year 2020!
But what is Pink October?
Pink October is a communication campaign, which every year goals to raise awareness about breast cancer screening for women but also for men. It also serves as a lever to raise funds for research on this cancer. Great no?
And how can it be adapted to women’s sports?
A football-wide example: Use the soccer jersey as a means of awareness and fundraising.
In 2019, on the initiative of a Finisterian club, the JUP, an Octobre Rose operation was launched in women’s amateur football. The club decided to partner with the ALKÉ brand to create custom jerseys that will be sold to the club’s players, supporters and supporters.
The jerseys are then worn by the club’s women’s teams during the October matches, including 2 at home, and sold at the bar during the matches. The profits of the jerseys sold are then entirely donated to the league against breast cancer (in total nearly €1,430 collected).
Combining solidarity and women’s football, is also a way to highlight clubs at all levels (pro and amateur), for a committed football and able to mobilize for causes that are close to his heart.
Pink October 2020 is under preparation !
Building on the success of the 2019 edition, ALKÉ and the JUP wish to renew the operation with a Pink October 2020 edition. The ambition this year is to have as good an experience as last year, but with bigger objectives, and to duplicate the operation nationally, thanks to:
1. More clubs mobilized
The objective is to bring together at least ten partner clubs around this new edition. To:
- Improving the visibility of women in football clubs, the first to be affected by breast cancer awareness and screening.
- Promote sport as a bulwark against breast cancer.
- Creating solidarity between all women’s clubs for women's football that moves forward together and makes people talk about it.
2. Challenges between clubs
We want to create an emulation within the clubs through a system of challenges.
For an attractiveness, movement on social networks during the event, thanks to challenges photos/videos/jerseys.
3. More visibility on the event
We aim to increase the visibility of the event through: regular publications on social networks, print media, and via participating clubs, on the topics of Solidarity/ Breast cancer awareness/ Sport as a factor of reduction/ Place and image of Women in Sport.
Let’s build this event together, join us as a partner club!
As a club, you are the pillar of the operation’s success!
Taking part in the 2020 action with us is:
• Choose with us the jersey that will be co-branded by your club,
• Communicate & participate in challenges between clubs,
• Generate the most sales of your jersey (players, supporters, family...).
Why involving your club?
• Show your commitment to the development of women’s football,
• Educate your members about breast cancer,
• Promote sport as a cancer risk reduction factor